For the 2014 Fall Mapathon we are teaming up with the Geography Awareness Week - a great excuse to bring together community and invite newcomers to map your city on OpenStreetMap.
All you need to get started is add your city on the Wiki and promote your event - pick any day from November 15th to 22th, 2014 for your event!
Add your location by October 31st.
Here's how to run your event:
- Get your city on the Wiki by October 31st.
- Promote your event locally. Invite friends, schools, universities, business partners - anyone who you think would be great to have.
- At the Mapathon itself, the rule is simple: anything you commit to OpenStreetMap, should contain the hashtag #osmgeoweek in the comment.
- Your event can be an outside surveying event or an inside editing event.
- Design your event friendly to newcomers, make sure there's someone there to explain to first timers the fundamentals of OpenStreetMap and show them the first steps of editing and surveying.
- The location should have fast internet and a place to sit for everyone. Remind attendees to bring a computer, mouse, and any other devices you'll need for your event.
- Work on anything you want. Jump start mapping with OpenStreetMap wide efforts like MapRoulette or Battle Grid!