State of the Map US is the place for everyone in the OpenStreetMap community to meet and collaborate around the project. Our community is broad and diverse, including folks with big and small budgets - this is why we're paying close attention to make State of the Map US one of the most affordable conferences of its kind. Here is how:
- Tickets are heavily subsidized starting at $90 for the full conference. This is less than what it costs to host you even though our venue is free - thanks UN, thanks sponsors!
- Hosting in a major city keeps airfare cost for international visitors down.
- We've secured accommodation options starting at $180 for four nights.
- Coordinate sharing a room through our wiki
- We offer an expansive scholarship program with grants between $500 and $1,500.
The scholarship program closed last weekend, but here are three things you can do to keep your travel budget for State of the Map US low:
- Get in on the early bird ticket and book at $90 instead of $150 (until March 31st)
- Book a room at the New School at $180 for four nights (space is limited - book this only if you can't afford a regular hotel room to leave space for others!)
- Book your flight today to avoid rising air fare as the conference draws closer
Photo © Justin Miller: Foosball table at State of the Map US Portland 2012.